Re: [url] Requests for Feedback (was Feedback from TPAC)

On 12/07/2014 11:18 PM, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
> On 2014/12/06 07:38, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> On 12/05/2014 03:49 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>
>>> If you want a “yes, we’re aware of it” response, I think you’ve
>>> already got it, but you’re more than welcome to ask for it in official
>>> form.
>
>> What I am trying to do is distinguish between:
>>
>> 1) I've read the draft, I approve of it, and therefore I have no
>> comments.
>>
>> 2) I've not read the draft, and therefore I have no comments.
>
> I think such statements are rather easy to make for individuals, but not
> for IETF (nor for that matter for the W3C or even the WHATWG).
>
>> Despite the fact that there is no active WG within the IETF working on
>> this, I would have thought that this would be a topic of significant
>> interest to the broader IETF community.
>
> This is all true. The problem is that this interest is spread out very
> very thinly. Summing up every splitter of interest will add up to
> significant interest, but the people who are actually interested enough
> to read the document and comment are few and far between.

I've met in person with Area Directors.  I've asking for the W3C/IETF
liaisons to make this happen.  I've outlined the beginnings of a problem
statement.  I've been very publicly working on a specification.  I've
documented significant differences between implementations.

If there are people who want to help, I'm willing to work with them.

The one thing I am not intending to do is to stop.

> Regards,   Martin.

- Sam Ruby