Re: Beyond HTTP Authentication: OAuth, OpenID, and BrowserID: Meeting on March 29th at IETF83

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:17:57 +0100
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>
CC: "public-identity@w3.org" <public-identity@w3.org>
On 2012-03-21 11:15, Harry Halpin wrote:
> On 03/20/2012 10:27 PM, Francisco Corella wrote:
>> Harry,
>>
>> This thread shows that a workshop on user certificates would be useful.  Are you still planning on having one this spring, or have you given up on that?
>
> We'll see. It depends on how the Web Crypto WG goes, some amount (although not everything talked about on this mailing list) certificate handling is in "secondary features" so I see no real reason for
> another workshop at this point unless it seems another WG is necessary to do that work.

Don't we need at least one "input document" to take on a new topic?

I'm FWIW not particularly inclined accepting claims that you can extend DOMCrypt
for usage with traditional PKI until we get some more concrete proposals on how
this {c|w}ould work including some applicable use-cases.  It is IMHO a waste of
the other parties' precious time not producing the necessary write-ups.

Anders