Re: Form Annotations brainstorm and iteration

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Greetings public-identity members,
>
> As a follow-up from the W3C Identity in the Browser Workshop I've
> placed my straw proposal for forms annotation online (actual it was
> online the day I presented it)
>
> http://tantek.com/presentations/2011/05/idinputs/
>
> There was quite a bit of good feedback at the workshop (thanks
> everyone), and based on that and feedback from some more brainstorming
> and iterating with folks, I've updated a wiki page capturing current
> thinking from real-world use-cases of login related web forms, to
> common semantic form inputs from those use-cases, to possible
> additions to HTML5 makrup to represent those semantic form inputs:
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity-inputs
>
> It's definitely a bit rough, but I'd prefer to share this kind of
> thing early/often for those that have an interest in watching or
> contributing.
>
> Contributions welcome - especially URLs to specific login forms and/or
> screenshots thereof (URLs to screenshots preferred).
>
> And feel free to add feedback directly to the wiki page as well.

Hi Tantek, everyone else ...

As you know, an issue was raised off-list over whether we would need
to track additional data elements in order for these annotations to
actually be useful. I have documented the concerns as an open issue in
the wiki page, and also noted that we need to be careful to note what
the "win" is of each of these changes. In particular, are they useful
on their own, or are they all interdependent?

I have also attempted to update the wiki with some of these thoughts.

-- Dirk