W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-ws@w3.org > October 2004

WSTF Teleconference Notes

From: Addison Phillips [wM] <aphillips@webmethods.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:16:23 -0700
To: <public-i18n-ws@w3.org>
Message-ID: <PNEHIBAMBMLHDMJDDFLHGEKJILAA.aphillips@webmethods.com>

*** Now talking in #i18n.
*** Users on #i18n: apphillips Tex MJDuerst 
*** End of /NAMES list.
*** Mode for channel #i18n is "+"
*** Channel #i18n was created at Thu Oct 28 05:01:04 2004 

*** RRSAgent (rrs-loggee@ has joined channel #i18n
* RRSAgent is logging to http://www.w3.org/2004/10/28-i18n-irc

<apphillips> discussion of the XMLP teleconference 
<apphillips> acceptance of the IRI text: yes 
<apphillips> Got XMLP include "SHOULD have a charset parameter" for all text types. 
<MJDuerst> http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets
<MJDuerst> Name: UNKNOWN-8BIT                                             [RFC1428]
<MJDuerst> MIBenum: 2079
<MJDuerst> Alias: csUnknown8BiT
<apphillips> this is a real problem: yes 
<apphillips> charter item? 
<apphillips> --- 
<apphillips> http://www.w3.org/International/ws/ws-i18n-requirements-edit/Overview.xml 
<apphillips> discussion of rewording. 
<apphillips> removed parenthetical discussion of WSDL feature 
<apphillips> posted update 
<apphillips> WSUSI authors list fixed 
<apphillips> ACTION: vote early and often on requirements document
* RRSAgent records action 1
<apphillips> ACTION: review WSDL 2.0 this week 
* RRSAgent records action 2
<apphillips> Martin notes the importance of this spec 
<apphillips> off topic discussion of 3066bis progress. 

<Zakim> -Tex_Texin
<Zakim> -Addison_Phillips
<Zakim> -avine
<Zakim> -Martin
<Zakim> I18N_WSTF()7:00PM has ended
<Zakim> Attendees were Tex_Texin, Addison_Phillips, avine, Martin

* apphillips RRSAgent, bye
<RRSAgent> I see 2 open action items:
<RRSAgent> ACTION: vote early and often [1]
<RRSAgent>   recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/28-i18n-irc#T23-54-50
<RRSAgent> ACTION: review WSDL 2.0 this week [2]
<RRSAgent>   recorded in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/28-i18n-irc#T23-55-25
*** RRSAgent has left #i18n
* apphillips zakim, who is here?
* Zakim sorry, apphillips, I don't know what conference this is; apparently I18N_WSTF()7:00PM has ended
* Zakim sees on irc: apphillips, Tex, MJDuerst
* apphillips zakim, bye
*** Zakim has left #i18n

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
webMethods | Delivering Global Business Visibility
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
Chair, W3C-I18N-WG, Web Services Task Force

Internationalization is an architecture. 
It is not a feature.
Received on Friday, 29 October 2004 00:17:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:02:39 UTC