Re: A Few Possible Use cases

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:11:34 -0400
To: andrea.vine@Sun.COM, Debasish Banerjee <debasish@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "Addison Phillips [wM]" <aphillips@webmethods.com>, public-i18n-ws@w3.org

At 14:37 03/06/17 -0700, A. Vine wrote:
>Also, I think you might mean matushka (little mother) dolls in the Russian

Checking with search engines, matushka seems to be a common spelling
in English. I'm not sure how the 'r' got dropped. Matrushka also seems
to be common. I didn't find matruska.

However, a more direct transcription seems to be matryoshka, see
e.g. http://www.russiandolls.narod.ru/. See also

Regards,    Martin.