Re: A Few Possible Use cases

At 14:37 03/06/17 -0700, A. Vine wrote:
>Also, I think you might mean matushka (little mother) dolls in the Russian
>example?

Checking with search engines, matushka seems to be a common spelling
in English. I'm not sure how the 'r' got dropped. Matrushka also seems
to be common. I didn't find matruska.

However, a more direct transcription seems to be matryoshka, see
e.g. http://www.russiandolls.narod.ru/. See also
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_ru&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=%D0%BC%D0%
B0%D1%82%D1%80%D1%91%D1%88%D0%BA%D0%B0&btnG=Google+Search

Regards,    Martin.