RE: Bordering clearly between Mordern Mongolian and Ancient Mongolian solution.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for sharing your work approach and related information to us.

About the phase I approach, I am also strongly agree to clearly and without ambiguously define the StandardVaraint.txt.

For phase II. I agree, we should get the VSxx works on Mongolian successfully before recommend to use VSxx to encode Mongolian.

On the technically, I can say, if we want to use it in Mongolian, it is possible to communicate with Uniscribe team and Harfbuzz team to implement the supporting functionality in the rendering engine.

Even if we will fail on using VSxx for Mongolian, we still have alternative solution to propose for adding other Variant Selector for Ancient Mongolian in U1800-U18AF.

For example, U181A-U181F etc.

The bordering clearly between Modern Mongolian form sequence and Ancient Mongolian form sequence should not be impacted by the decision of using VSxx or not.

Only if we classify the feminine formof U182C_QA and U182D_GA, we can get clear and simple encoding solution

Without any toggle logic or FVS Dynamic selection etc.

>This phase is in process with discussion between myself and the IMU team.

It is very good to hear this. Because, they are simply ignoring all of the different opinion from the Inner Mongolia.

>I strongly agree that we need to work towards clearing up the modern sequences before we move forward with discussion on any more archaic forms.

Thanks. It is exactly same with our consideration.

>Phase III – deals with the archaic forms suggested and demands much discussion.

I am also strongly agree this.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Jirimutu

Almas Inc.

101-0021 601 Nitto-Bldg, 6-15-11, Soto-Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo

E-Mail: jrmt@almas.co.jp <mailto:jrmt@almas.co.jp>    Mobile : 090-6174-6115

Phone : 03-5688-2081,   Fax : 03-5688-2082

http://www.almas.co.jp/   http://www.compiere-japan.com/

http://www.mongolfont.com/

Inner Mongolia Delehi Information Technology Co. Ltd.

010010 13th floor of Uiles Hotel, No 89 XinHua east street XinCheng District, Hohhot, Inner Mongolia

Mail:  jirimutu@delehi.com <mailto:jirimutu@delehi.com>        Mobile:18647152148

Phone:  +86-471-6661969,      Ofiice: +86-471-6661995

http://www.delehi.com/