Re: Version 2.11 of XML spec needed before BP release

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:28:40 +0900
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
CC: public-i18n-its@w3.org

Hi Richard,

Richard Ishida wrote:
> In BP section 5.3 we say:
>
> "ITS has been integrated into the version 2.10 of XML Spec. This version is available in the formats DTD, XML Schema and RELAX NG."
>
> This sounds misleading.  It sounds to me like "if you get hold of version 2.10, you will have an ITS-ready version of XML spec", which is not true.  So then people are going to say "well, if you integrated all this, where can I get it?".  To which we should be able to point.
>
> Which means that we should try to get Norm or someone to release version 2.11 with our changes in, and point to that from the doc.
>
> Do we have plans to do that already?

I think we discussed this offline on a call before the Christmas
holiday. I agreed to change the misleading sentence to e.g. something like

"In the schemas below,  ITS has been integrated into the version 2.10 of
XML Spec. This integrated version is available in the formats DTD, XML
Schema and RELAX NG."

About your idea to have 2.11 of XMLSpec with ITS support: sure, we can
ask Norm to do this, but according to
http://www.w3.org/2002/xmlspec/
the last update of XMLSpec was 13. October 2005. I am not sure if we can
expect a new release for "XMLSpec + ITS".