Action item #55: Send comments on XLIFF

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:31:01 +0100
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Hi,

Looking at this: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200801/msg00000.html
It seems we actually missed the 60-day public review period :(
And now, as Christian noted, it's a 15 days Oasis Member last review (ending on Jan-15).
I don't think there is much we can do at this point.

In any case, looking at v1.2 (http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/v1.2/cs02/xliff-core.html), the ITS-related issues seems mostly not
having a dir attribute, or explicit support for ruby (and support for ruby is a bit difficult of a case to make IMO).

You can use namespace in XLIFF and it does have a span-like element (<mrk>), so if needed you could actually use ITS attributes. It
would be better if they were explicitely noted and explained obviously, but from the functionality point of view, it's there.

One think that maybe we could suggest/request would be an ITS Rules file for XLIFF.
(That's something we can ask for every single XML document type).