W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > July to September 2007

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2007-09-26

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:56:21 +0900
Message-ID: <46FA7315.5060700@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2007/09/26-i18nits-minutes.html and below 
as text.

Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              i18n ITS WG

26 Sep 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0028.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/26-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Jirka, Yves, Felix, Bartosz, Christian

   Regrets
   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]Reviewing W3C Work or other work for ITS
         3. [7]Best Practices Working Draft
         4. [8]AOB
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   <YvesS> [10]http://www.w3.org/International/its/track/actions/open

     [10] http://www.w3.org/International/its/track/actions/open

   ACTION-1 due to end of this week

   ACTION-2 see mail
   [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   121.html

     [11] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0121.html

   Felix proposes to go back to XHTML 2 WG, asking for their feedback

   agreement, Felix will follow up

   ACTION-3 not due yet

   ACTION-4 - Jirka worked on that

   Jirka describes
   [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   029.html

     [12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0029.html

   Jirka found issues in xmlspec section, Felix tried to address them
   in reply to mail

   ACTION-6 - not done yet

   ACTION-11 - still waiting for feedback

   ACTION-14 - felix updated the errata document, AI to be closed

   ACTION-15 - got feedback from SMIL people

   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   120.html

     [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0120.html

   <YvesS>
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   123.html

     [14] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0123.html

   Felix proposes the mail exchange

   Yves and Christian liked the mail exchange and Felix answer, we will
   wait for a follow up

   ACTION-19 done

   <YvesS>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/International/its/ftf-200710-Prague.html

     [15] http://www.w3.org/International/its/ftf-200710-Prague.html

   Yves describes the agenda

   Christian: proposes slot on outreach activties, e.g. converter
   ITS2XLIFF

   Yves agrees

   Felix proposes for people who cannot participate in f2f: people
   should annotate their issues and send them to the list

   Yves had proposed the same for f2f participants

   Yves: We will try to talk about the ITS converter during the
   Wednesday call

   ACTION-20 - Jirka worked on that

   [16]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#integration-its-xhtml-nvdl

     [16] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#integration-its-xhtml-nvdl

   no comments on the section yet

   ACTION-21 - ongoing

   ACTION-22 - done

Reviewing W3C Work or other work for ITS

   <YvesS>
   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   068.html

     [17] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0068.html

   (thread about EMMA)

   Felix describes the current state and will follow up

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to check state of EMMA response - due to
   2007-10-15 [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-23 - check state of EMMA response [on
   Felix Sasaki - due 2007-09-26].

   Jirka will look into XProc before f2f

   <scribe> ACTION: Jirka to look into XProc for ITS review issues
   [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-24 - Look into XProc for ITS review
   issues [on Jirka Kosek - due 2007-10-03].

Best Practices Working Draft

   <YvesS>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml

     [20] http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html

   <YvesS>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthTermOver

     [21] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthTermOver

   Best Practice 24: Identify terms

   <YvesS>
   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   122.html

     [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0122.html

   agreement on notes 1) and 2) in the mail

   agreement on note 3), we think there should be no explicit reference
   to a definition of "term"

   also on note 4 and 5

   now BP 25

   <YvesS>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthMarkupAsText

     [23] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthMarkupAsText

   agreement on BP 25

   proposal to move it to developers section

   close to agreement, with possible dublication of material

AOB

   f2f logistics for next week

   Jirka will send more contact info to participants

   Yves: we will use usual telefone call slot
   ... for remote participants

   safe trip to all

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to check state of EMMA response - due to
   2007-10-15 [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jirka to look into XProc for ITS review issues
   [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/26-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([27]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/09/26 14:54:42 $

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 26 September 2007 14:56:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:09 UTC