W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > July to September 2007

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2007-09-05

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 00:02:52 +0900
Message-ID: <46DEC51C.5010708@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org

... are at http://www.w3.org/2007/09/05-i18nits-minutes.html and below 
as text.

Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              i18n ITS WG

5 Sep 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0024.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/05-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Yves_Savourel, Felix, Jirka, ChriLi

   Regrets
   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Action Items
         2. [6]Reviewing W3C Work or other work for ITS
         3. [7]BP for this week
         4. [8]AOB
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Action Items

   ACTION-1 discussed later

   ACTION-2 - until 18 September

   ACTION-3 - pending

   <YvesS>
   [10]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthDir

     [10] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthDir

   ACTION-4 new due date 2007-09-13

   ACTION-5 - now in work

   [11]http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-bidi-controls

     [11] http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-bidi-controls

   "Using XHTML, the earlier example would be coded as:"

   Felix will write a mail to Richard and Najib, putting the issue
   forward

   <YvesS>
   [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   057.html

     [12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0057.html

   ACTION-1 again

   <YvesS>
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   066.html

     [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0066.html

   (reply from Jirka to Christian's proposal)

   Christian: agree with ODF related comment
   ... agree with Jirkas comments, only want to keep the point 4

   (fine by everybody, Felix wants to review this in revised section,
   Christian will create revision)

   ACTION-6 - ongoing

   ACTION-14 - tbd next week

   <YvesS>
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0
   064.html

     [14] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2007JulSep/0064.html

   ACTION-15 - waiting for response from WG

   <YvesS>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthLang

     [15] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthLang

   Yves: Felix proposed to put BCP 47 in the references sec. , I would
   do that

   Christian had some concerns on numbers of implementations for BCP
   47, Felix will check that

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to make research on implementations for BCP
   47 [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-18 - Make research on implementations
   for BCP 47 [on Felix Sasaki - due 2007-09-12].

   ACTION-17 and ACTION-16 done, closed

   <YvesS>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthInsText

     [17] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthInsText

   ACTION-17 done and closed

Reviewing W3C Work or other work for ITS

   Christian describes localizing values of enumeration in ITS

   discussion of if and how to approach XML Schema WG about localizing
   values of enumeration in ITS, and possibly other localization
   facilities

   experience from the past shows that we are not sure if it is worth
   the time

   currently we won't pursue the issue

   Jirka mentions DSRL for renaming element names, changing also
   enumeration lists etc.

   that could be also used for Christians use case

BP for this week

   <YvesS>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthDir

     [18] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthDir

   no comments for BP 16

   now BP 17

   <YvesS>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.ht
   ml#AuthTransOver

     [19] 
http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#AuthTransOver

   Christian: proposal to work on four BP for next week

   agreement

AOB

   Jirka: attendance?

   Yves: me, Felix, possibly Christian
   ... don't know about Richard yet and Bartosz

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to prepare f2f draft agenda [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-19 - Prepare f2f draft agenda [on Yves
   Savourel - due 2007-09-12].

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to make research on implementations for BCP 47
   [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to prepare f2f draft agenda [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2007/09/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/09/05 15:01:34 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 5 September 2007 15:03:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:09 UTC