RE: Input to BP3 http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.html#DevAttributes

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 15:36:15 -0600
To: "'Lieske, Christian'" <christian.lieske@sap.com>, <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Hi Christian,

1. I would suggest to use the phrase
   "Do not foresee or allow attributes to hold translatable text."
   instead of
   "Do not put translatable text in attributes."
   Rationale: The BP addresses the design of schemas, not the creation of instances.

YS> Good point. How about: "Do not use attributes to hold translatable text"?

3. We may want to modify the examples in such a way that the "img" is embedded into are paragraph.
   Rationale: The things we say about nesting might become clearer.

YS> That would certainly show that the nesting exists in the two cases :) Putting the text in an element vs an attribute does not
resolve that issue. So, I wonder if we should have that bullet about nested text now...