Re: Proposed title change for the best practices document

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:27:29 +0900
To: "Yves Savourel" <ysavourel@translate.com>, <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Hello Yves,

At 02:41 06/07/06, Yves Savourel wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>For action item 11 <http://www.w3.org/2006/07/05-i18nits-minutes.html#action11>
>
>During the meeting we discussed a possible new title for the Best practices
>document, to keep it in harmony with the other BP
>documents generated by the GEO WG. You can see
><http://www.w3.org/International/publications#in-progress> for examples.

I'm confused. When I look at that page, I see a section entitled
"Best Practices", but no actual documents that have a title
starting with "Internationalization Best Practices".
Also, when I click on some of these links, I get transferred
to a blog search that doesn't bring up the item that I clicked
(examples: "Handling Right-to-left Scripts in XHTML and HTML Content",
"Characters and Encodings",...).

So it's not clear what we are harmonizing with.

>The proposed new title is:
>
>"Internationalization Best Practises: Internationalizing XML Formats and Content"

At the mimimum, Practise -> Practice. Also, I think there is too much
"Internat...". What about
"Internationalization Best Practices: XML Formats and Content" ?

Regards,    Martin.