Re: Selection and Ruby

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:38:09 -0700
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

> 1. we have a different selection mechanism for Ruby than for other
> data categories
> 2. we a selector with contingent ITS markup (put differently:
> "rubyBase" which serves as a kind of designator for the "target"
> of the annotation in "rubyText" appears inside the host vocabulary,
> not in a "documentRule" or "schemaRule")
>
> I wonder, if this observation is a valid one and whether we need to
> act upon it.

Good point. And this may be a way to find a solution for our problem with mapping locInfo.

Both rubyBase and locInfo, when used in dislocated way have the common treat that the text information is already in the document.
Maybe the solution to the locInfo mapping could be an additional attribute for the dislocated rules. We would have something like:

<its:documentRule its:locInfoContent="@locn-alert"
 its:locInfoType="alert"
 its:locInfoSelector="parent:://@locn-alert"/>

Where locInfoContent (or whatever name) would be an Xpath expression (relative to the location of locInfoSelector?) that would point
to the content to use.

Just a thought.