RE: using <ns> to specify namespaces

I did try it as well it's working fine so far.

But I'm not sure what advantages it brings compare to simply having a normal namespace declaration. For example:

<its:documentRules>
 <its:ns its:prefix="h" its:uri="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" />
 <its:documentRule its:translate="no" its:translateSelector="//h:tr/@title" />
 <its:documentRule its:translate="no" its:translateSelector="//h:td" />
</its:documentRules>

Or

<its:documentRules xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
 <its:documentRule its:translate="no" its:translateSelector="//h:tr/@title" />
 <its:documentRule its:translate="no" its:translateSelector="//h:td" />
</its:documentRules>

Makes no difference as far as what I have to do: Add a namespace to the namespace manager of the prcessed document. I also presume
that I still would have to solve any potential prefix conflict.

Actually using <its:ns> makes things just a tad more complex because it forces the addition of the namespace via an extra step (not
very expensive but still extra), while doing it via xmlns:h is done regardless of whether its rules are there or not.

Mmmm... Still thinking...

-ys