W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2006

[I18N ITS] Teleconference Minutes 2006-06-07

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 02:07:54 +0900
Message-ID: <448707EA.3070800@w3.org>
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org
... are at http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html and below
as text.

- Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n ITS working group

7 Jun 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2006AprJun/0192.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Andrzej, Christian, Diane, Felix, Goutam, Sebastian, Yves

   Regrets
   Chair
          Yves

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]Public comments
         3. [7]Editing help from STC
         4. [8]Editors' teleconference
         5. [9]f2f meeting in September
         6. [10]best practices document
         7. [11]next meeting
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to add a sentence on "these examples are
   illustrative" to the modularization section of the best practices.
   (DONE) [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

   <scribe> ACTION: All to try out the "translate" test case to achieve
   compatibility of output For implementations. (PENDING) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

   Yves: how should we gather samples?

   Sebastian: with real markup etc.?

   <AZ> DITA is most probably a good source

   Sebastian: let's use the examples from the spec?
   ... they are directly linked from the specification

   yves: we said "one translatable node: one output line"
   ... we don't care about other categories so far

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to check how license should be handled in the
   schema. (DONE) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

   felix: document lisence is safer, because you can change to software
   lisencse easly

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to contact Heartsome (Rodolfo) for feedback.
   (DONE) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   yves: did you see anything else?

   felix: I made some new bugzilla entries, if you see s.t. missing,
   please ping me or add it yourself

   <AZ> I found the Relax NG Schema

   <scribe> ACTION: Andrzej and everybody who has time to look at
   OpenDocument for creating a section in the modularization. (ONGOING)
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]

   Andrzej: I used the RELAX NG version of OO
   ... I know very little about RELAX NG unfortunatly

   <AZ> OO is based totally on Relax-NG

   yves: did you have time to look into specifics like
   "translatability"?

   <AZ> For the Oasis v1.0 specification

   <AZ> Unfortunately I do not know Relax NG

   felix: how about Damian?

   yves: I pinged him, but had no feedback yet. I'll ping him again

   <AZ> OK

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to get DocBook feedback from Norm. (PENDING)
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   yves: we send him information, he did not reply yet
   ... we can try the basic rules and see if they work with docbook

   sebastian: if you would create a sceleton of rules, he might respond

   yves: I will try to make some rules and send them to him

   <scribe> ACTION: Diane to look if there is any Boeing XML document
   type where ITS could be tried out. (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]

   diane: will it be an example which will be linked from the draft?

   yves: if possible. If you can't publish it, that would be o.k. of
   course.

Public comments

   felix: how about making a detailed time schedule for replying to
   comments, at the end of the comment period?

   yves: good idea.

Editing help from STC

   <AZ> It is always good to use professional help if it is offered.

   yves: STC offered editing help for our documents. what do you think?
   Which document should we offer them?
   ... maybe not the tagset draft, but the best practices

   sebastian: the tagset draft is more or less o.k., not great, but
   o.k.

   diane: the best practices needs more work
   ... a technical writer might be of help

   yves: so we ask them that, o.k.

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix (maybe Richard) to contact STC people about
   editing the best practices draft [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]

Editors' teleconference

   yves: we could say per default: there is no editor's call, only if
   we say we have one during the week

   <chriLi> fine with me

f2f meeting in September

   yves: felix asked if the week before or after 12-14 September would
   be fine
   ... Richard said both would be fine

   <AZ> Not good for me too

   <AZ> I am running out of travel budget

   yves: how about the week before

   diane: probably o.k.

   felix: so the 6, 7, 8?

   yves: yes

   <AZ> I am out of budget for travel

   az: next year will be easier

   yves: so we go for the week before, that is: 6,7,8 of september

   christian: I will check

best practices document

   <YvesS> [21]http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-i18n-bp/

     [21] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-i18n-bp/

   yves: I work on the structure of the doc
   ... does anybody want to do some of the items? Just send me a mail,
   and you can handle it

   diane: about the BP doc: sometimes the numbering of techniques is
   strange

   yves: good point

   diane: the numbering of techniques should be "per" section

   yves: so sec. 2, and techniques 2.1, 2.2, etc.

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to look into the techniques XSLT templates
   for numbering [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

   yves: we need to talk to Richard as well

   diane: maybe we can make that explicit how the techniques are
   ordered

   yves: good
   ... to address comments for the BP, we can do it as they come
   ... but tagset comments have priority

   felix: good

   diane: a question: if you paste a link, you used the TR document
   ... is it the same as the one under the ITS directory?

   yves: the one in the ITS directory is the working one, but not the
   official one

   <YvesS> [23]http://www.w3.org/International/its/

     [23] http://www.w3.org/International/its/

next meeting

   yves: next week, same time. Hopefully we have progress on the BP
   doc.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Felix (maybe Richard) to contact STC people about
   editing the best practices draft [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to look into the techniques XSLT templates for
   numbering [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action09]

   [PENDING] ACTION: All to try out the "translate" test case to
   achieve compatibility of output For implementations. [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Andrzej and everybody who has time to look at
   OpenDocument for creating a section in the modularization. [recorded
   in [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Diane to look if there is any Boeing XML document
   type where ITS could be tried out. [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Yves to get DocBook feedback from Norm. [recorded
   in [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action06]

   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to check how license should be handled in the
   schema. [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to add a sentence on "these examples are
   illustrative" to the modularization section of the best practices.
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Yves to contact Heartsome (Rodolfo) for feedback.
   [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/06/07-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [33]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([34]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/06/07 17:06:02 $

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


Received on Wednesday, 7 June 2006 17:08:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:07 UTC