Re: Elements within text

Yves Savourel wrote:

>> just for clarification: What about the (I think) docbook case:
>> are both <para> to be indicated as withinText="no"?
>
> Yes, I suppose. <ftnote> would be declared as subflow, then normal segmenting would occure for its content.
> DocBook is a going to be difficult to work out for withinText, no matter what we do: it's packed with elements of the same name used
> in different context. That's where the selector with XPath will be helpful (vs. a simple list of element names).

here is another case: in the TEI schema, these two variants are possible:

without thinking about the markup structure, both means: "there is a
paragraph, a list, and another paragraph". But in 2), the list is inside
the <p> element, so it looks like "there is a paragraph, it contains
some text, a list, and more text".

what would be the appropriate usage of withinText for such cases?

Sorry, these questions repeat many discussions we had already, but my
impression is that for withinText it would be beneficial to have many
examples in the tag set draft, both for 1) versus 2), and for
think? Also, it might be useful to have a reference to TMX, since it
seems to me (without really knowing it) a use case for sub flow.

Cheers,

Felix