W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > October to December 2005

i18n ITS working group 2005-11-16

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 01:07:10 +0900
To: "public-i18n-its@w3.org" <public-i18n-its@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.s0ccd81tx1753t@ibm-60d333fc0ec>

Hi all,

the minutes of today's call are at

http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html

and in this mail as text.

Best, Felix.


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                         i18n ITS working group

16 Nov 2005

    [2]Agenda

       [2]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2005OctDec/0115.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Andrzej, Christian, Damien, Diane, Goutam, Felix, Sebastian,
           Yves

    Regrets
           Richard

    Chair
           Yves

    Scribe
           felix

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]action items
          2. [6]discussion on its tagset
          3. [7]how to apply ITS to various formats
          4. [8]new publication of ITS requirements working draft
          5. [9]the techniques document
          6. [10]f2f preparation
          7. [11]f2f (again)
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

action items

    action (PENDING): Everybody to try to create examples of ITS
    applications in schemas/documents she/he is familar with.

    action (DONE):Felix to integrate what we discussed at the Nov-09
    teleconference into the odd document until Thursday evening

    action(DONE):Next meeting we will vote about publication, please
    read the WD and comment.

    action(ONGOING):Yves to create an agenda for the face-to-face
    meeting

    action(DONE):YS to find examples for sec. 1.2

discussion on its tagset

    [13]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html

      [13] http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html

    Yves: any dissent on publishing this document as a first working
    draft?
    ... everybody is o.k., so let's have a transition request

    Felix: I will send the request

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to make transition request for its tagset
    [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to take other the action item from Richard on
    how to handle feedback from non-working group members [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

how to apply ITS to various formats

    Yves: this is important for e.g. section 5

    Christian: I could tackle Dita

    Damien: I could tackle open document

    Sebastian: I would do it for TEI

    Felix: I could handle xmlspec

    Yves: I could try DocBook

    Sebastian: if we could get Norms attention, he could be helpful with
    DocBook (and xmlspec)

    Christian: How about the new format from Microsoft
    ... I am not sure about the status of it

    <scribe> ACTION: Christian to write a mail about the new format from
    Microsoft [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    <scribe> ACTION: everybody to prepare an example of the format he is
    responsible for [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    Sebastian: the document has to be more detailed on how to handle
    namespace

    Yves: we will not have enough time to publish the requirements
    document before the publishing moratoria
    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2005JulSep/0003.html

      [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2005JulSep/0003.html

new publication of ITS requirements working draft

    felix: I will make changes to the requirements document which we
    agreed on, and will make a publication request

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to prepare the requirements document for new
    publication until tomorrow [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

the techniques document

    Yves: we should get started with this
    ... Diane and me will get started with this

f2f preparation

    Yves: I would like to address the modularization of ITS
    ... that should take the first day
    ... the second day should be about requirements for the constraints
    ... and the language information
    ... there is a lot of material from Goutam to this topic
    ... third day: discussing the techniques document

    <AZ> Apologies for lateness

    <YvesS> no problem andrzej

    Christian: a slot for the feedback on the its tagset wd?

    Yves: good idea

    example for issue tracking: [20]http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/

      [20] http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/

    [21]http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/04/qt-bugzilla

      [21] http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/04/qt-bugzilla

    [22]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1342

      [22] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1342

    felix proposes to use bugzilla for issue tracking

    <scribe> ACTION: felix to prepare bugzilla for issue tracking for
    the ITS working group [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

    <scribe> ACTION: yves to send a new draft for the agenda of the f2f
    [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action07]

    felix: two topic proposals: to talk about data categories and dom as
    a subject of ITS information

    Yves: AZ, are you o.k. with the first working draft?

    AZ: I was very busy, so I could not go through the working draft

f2f (again)

    Christian: who will arrive on monday?

    Yves: me

    Christian: How will you get to the location? I think there is a bus.

    <AZ> [25]http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oxinfo/timetables/

      [25] http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oxinfo/timetables/

    Yves: maybe we can gather in Abingdon

    <AZ> [26]http://www.oxfordbus.co.uk/heathrow.html

      [26] http://www.oxfordbus.co.uk/heathrow.html

    Yves: we need a list of the attendee

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to create a list of the attendee for the f2f
    [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action08]

    <AZ> [28]http://www.oxfordbus.co.uk/oxred1cms.shtml

      [28] http://www.oxfordbus.co.uk/oxred1cms.shtml

    <AZ> X3 Abingdon Direct

    [29]http://www.internationalization-conference.org/languagestandards
    /agenda.html

      [29]  
http://www.internationalization-conference.org/languagestandards/agenda.html

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Christian to write a mail about the new format from
    Microsoft [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
    [PENDING] ACTION: everybody to prepare an example of the format he
    is responsible for [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to make transition request for its tagset
    [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to prepare bugzilla for issue tracking for the
    ITS working group [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to prepare the requirements document for new
    publication until tomorrow [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix to take other the action item from Richard on
    how to handle feedback from non-working group members [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Yves to create a list of the attendee for the f2f
    [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: yves to send a new draft for the agenda of the f2f
    [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/11/16-i18n-minutes.html#action07]
    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [38]scribe.perl version 1.127
     ([39]CVS log)
     $Date: 2005/11/16 16:04:44 $

      [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [39] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 16 November 2005 16:14:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:06 UTC