Re: Action item: summary of scope requirement

Hello Yves,

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:40:40 +0900, Yves Savourel
<ysavourel@translate.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>> From what I can see, Felix has done a great job wrt.
>> http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509SpecScoping#preview.
>> Thanks for this Felix.
>
> Indeed.
>
> The only notes I have are for the different data categories used. I
> assume some are just placeholders and need to be defined
> further.

Yes, that was my intention, sorry for being unclear.

> I understand these three:
>
> translateScope
> dirScope
> rubyScope
> termScope
>
> But I'm not sure what to think about these:
>
> locinfoScope
> lingInfoScope
>
> locinfo would be things like constraints? Or notes to localizer?

Notes to localizers.

> I've noticed that most our examples show ways of solving complicated
> situations. We probably need also a few samples on how to use
> the system with basic every-day documents where things are often not so
> complex (with very few overrides for examples).

Yes, that is a good idea. As for the structure of the WD, now it is like

definition - example; definition - example; ... and so on.

I would propose in addition a non-normative section like "examples" which
contains these simple examples.

Hear you all in a minutes,

Felix