[ESW Wiki] Update of "its0509SpecScoping" by ChristianLieske

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:30:42 -0000
To: w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ChristianLieske:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509SpecScoping

  '''[[FS''' CL, you made some changes to the DTD; now it is not the counterpart of the RELAX NG example anymore. What is the rationale behind your changes? If you have the attribute @translate and the attribute @translateScope (in my version), you don't need @translateYes or @translateNo anymore, I think. ''']]'''

+ '''[[CL''' Sorry for only looking at the DTD. Hopefully it does not cause too much trouble/efforts to bring als schemas in sync again.
+
+ Sorry as well for not being explicit about the rationale for the changes. Here it comes:
+
+  * From my understanding, the 'translate' vs. 'translateYes&translateNo' decision is still pending
+  * 'dirScope' rather than 'bidiScope' seemed to be more consistent (since I detected the naming rule x+scope)
+  * 'isTerm', 'lingInfo' and the corresponding scoping attributes address some of the other requirements we
+    discussed (namely term identification and linguistic markup)
+  * 'equiv' addresses our mapping requirement
+
+ From my understanding, only the 'translateYes&translateNo' (rather than the 'translate') variant gives the power we need. Scenario: Overwrite the default for the element and for one of its attributes. You cannot do
+
+ {{{ <e translate="no" translateScope="." translate="yes" translateScope="@a" a="Review">456</e>}}}
+
+ Since attribute names have to be unique.
+
  {{{
  <!ENTITY % scope
  "CDATA">