[ESW Wiki] Update of "its0908LinguisticMarkup" by MartinDürst

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 00:25:07 -0000
To: w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MartinDürst:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0908LinguisticMarkup

  [R023] To improve the translation process, it should be easy to take advantage of the capability of XML to embed linguistic-related metadata information in the structure of a document.

  '''[YS- This is just a first try to get things rolling. Goutam, Andrzej, anyone, please, to comments/add/etc.]]'''
+
+ '''[MJD- I'm totally amazed by the amount of work that is going into this page. However, this
+ shows that the whole field is huge. The properties/elements proposed in this page already
+ seem to be as many as those proposed in all the rest together. In my view, we should
+ continue working on linguistic markup, but for the actual work on a Recommendation concentrate
+ on the other, simpler problems first, and maybe save linguistic markup for Version 2 of ITS.]]'''

  {{{
  The proposed scheme is to demonstrate how to embed syntactic, semantic and computational linguistic related metadata information in the structure of an XML document towards better translation through
@@ -749, +755 @@

  					</xs:restriction>
  				</xs:simpleType>
  			</xs:attribute>