W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > October to December 2005

Minutes 2005-10-05: ITS teleconference

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 17:00:45 +0200
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>
Message-Id: <20051005150124.0DCF0393AD@smtp1-g19.free.fr>

Minutes 2005-10-07: ITS teleconference 

Attendees
=========

- CL: Christian Lieske (SAP)
- YS: Yves Savourel (ENLASO)
- DS: Diane Stoick (Boeing)

Regrets:

- FS: Felix Sasaki
- GS: Goutam Saha
- TF: Tim Foster
- RI: Richard Ishida
- AZ: Andrzej Zydron


Review Action Items From Last Meeting
=====================================

- YS to set up a wiki page on the scoping mechanism and the extension mechanism
Done:
Extensibility = <http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509SpecExtensibility>
Scoping = <http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509SpecScoping>

- YS to Post the modification of the F2F date: 6-8 december.
Done: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2005JulSep/0083.html>
 
- CL to use ODD to specify the indicator of translatability implementation.
[PENDING] Waiting for progress on the ODD conversion (FS+SR)

- FS to ask W3C if there is a methodology for mapping existing / under development.
[PENDING]

- FS to check inheritance for xml:lang (as part of his work on a wiki on xml:lang for the i18n core WG)
[PENDING]

- FS to make proposals by mail for a shortcut for the namespace of the ITS specification Working Draft.
[PENDING]

- SR to introduce to the working group the l10n / i18n aspects of the TEI.
[PENDING]

- SR to put a comment on http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509ReqNestedElements in the wiki.
[PENDING]

- YS to list possible constraints and values for them.
[PENDING]


Discussion
==========

- We discussed the Scoping issue <http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509SpecScoping>. CL noted that using an Xpath-based system would solve
addressing the attributes. YS pointed out that XPath could lead to complicated expressions referring to parts outside the elements
where the ITS information would be. CL mentioned the possibility to restrict the XPath expressions allowed. CL to post more notes on
the wiki, YS to summarize on email to generate discussion.
CL also noted that other standards (e.g. in OASIS) may run into the same issues. How do they address it? YS noted that maybe XSL-FO
could be a good place to look.

- We discussed the Extensibility issue <http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509SpecExtensibility>. CL summarized the decision we had to
make: do we want to allow extensibility. If yes, to what document's parts would we allow it?
CL also noted that he would look in UBL about the issue.


Other Business
==============

- We briefly discuss the F2F meeting. RI posted a note about the possibilities near Oxford
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2005OctDec/0004.html>

CL mentioned that the SAP standard group would be willing to sponsor another F2F, and noted that some are asking when we will have
some material ready. YS noted that we are more or less on schedule so far. YS will ask RI for template on the Techniques pages.

- Next teleconference is Oct-12, same time, same channel.


ACTION ITEMS for next week
==========================

- [PENDING] CL to use ODD to specify the indicator of translatability implementation. (Waiting for progress on the ODD conversion
(FS+SR)).

- [PENDING] FS to ask W3C if there is a methodology for mapping existing / under development.

- [PENDING] FS to check inheritance for xml:lang (as part of his work on a wiki on xml:lang for the i18n core WG)

- [PENDING] FS to make proposals by mail for a shortcut for the namespace of the ITS specification Working Draft.

- [PENDING] SR to introduce to the working group the l10n / i18n aspects of the TEI.

- [PENDING] SR to put a comment on http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0509ReqNestedElements in the wiki.

- [PENDING] YS to list possible constraints and values for them.

- [NEW] YS to ask RI for techniques template.

- [NEW] CL to post more notes on Scoping.


Cheers,
-yves
Received on Wednesday, 5 October 2005 15:02:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:06 UTC