[ESW Wiki] Update of "its0503ReqEntities" by RichardIshida

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:09:03 -0000
To: w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by RichardIshida:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0503ReqEntities

   3. If entities are used, the XML instances should have standalone="no" in their XML declarations (see [http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-rmd]).

+
+ '''[[RI''' I think we should investigate further the situation where an implementation does not read external documents such as those that contain entities.  Bjoern Herman says "Robust documents do not use "character entities" at all unless they are pre-defined in XML 1.0 or declared in the internal subset."  So should we be recommending greater use of the internal subset, and not talking of putting entity declarations in a separate file? ''']]'''
+