Other possible areas to cover under ITS

From: Richard, Francois <francois.richard@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:37:30 +0100
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Hello,

Here are some areas that are not exactly covered in  http://people.w3.org/rishida/localizable-dtds/ or could be added to some sections. I am not sure if all of these fall in the scope of ITS, but here is the list I came up with:

- Preview information such as XSLT, specific XML editor.
It useful when it is necessary to preview the XML content in an effort of display context info to help in the l10n of the content.

- Font information to indicate either that the element carries a font information (to be l10ed) or to indicate which specific font to use to render l10ed content.

- Substitution rules: It help in define automatic substitution. For instance for unit of measure, URL l10n (http://.../en/US/...  -> http://.../fr/CA/...). The list is long and it would be nice to be able to embedded the rules themselves. It could be part of 2.19

- Element syntax: Some elements need to follow certain syntax. I am thinking about a coma-delimited list for instance.

- Targeted country: With the limitation of locale, it is useful to be able to specify a country for which the content is targeted. This might be in 2.12 already.

- Segmentation rules. Some element could follow a specific segmentation that needs to be specified.

Cheers,

/François