[ESW Wiki] Update of "its0505ReqUniqueID" by fsasaki

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:40:51 -0000
To: w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by fsasaki:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505ReqUniqueID

  '''[[CL-''' How about [http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/UUID.html] as a quick guideline thought related to the generation IDs (actually GUIDs)?''']]'''.

+ '''[[FS-''' I don't understand the reference to UUID. But I'm fine with the text at it is now, so we could get rid of the comments.''']]'''
+
  === Challenge/Issue ===

  In order to most effectively re-use translated text where content is re-used (either across update versions or across deliverables) it is necessary to have a unique and persistent id associated with the element.