W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-its@w3.org > April to June 2005

Minutes 2005-06-15: ITS teleconference

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:58:32 +0200
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>
Message-Id: <20050615155851.8BEFDC0CA@postfix3-2.free.fr>

Minutes 2005-06-15: ITS teleconference

ATTENDEES:

- FS: Felix Sasaki (W3C)
- YS: Yves Savourel (ENLASO)
- DS: Diane Stoick (Boeing)
- AZ: Andrzej Zydron (Invited Expert)

REGRETS:

- RI: Richard Ishida (W3C)
- MI: Masaki Itagaki (Invited Expert)
- CL: Christian Lieske (SAP)
- NN: Naoyuki Nomura (Ricoh)
- NT: Najib Tounsi (EMI)

AGENDA:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2005AprJun/0049.html



=== PREVIOUS ACTION ITEMS:

1.1. RI to ask to the appropriate W3C contact how to handle feedback from non-WG-members.
RI not present --> Next teleconference.


1.2. RI to contact person for Atom.
RI not present --> Next teleconference.


1.3. All: Try to get feedback from their companies (i.e. via AC reps).
Ongoing. YS is in the process of running the current requirements with ENLASO internal R&D.


1.4. All to comment on "Usage Scenario: Content Authoring" if needed.
It will go to Working Draft this week if no comments are made.
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0504ReqTechWriter>
No more comments: YS to change the status to Working Draft for this item.


1.5. MI to work on "Cultural Aspects of the Content"
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0504ReqCulturalAspects>
Ongoing. We discussed the different possible solution for using The RFC 3066bis or not, and agreed that this does not really affect
the requirement itself since it's only a possible solution. MI to clean up the comments as much as possible to move this item.


1.6. YS to generalize the "container size" requirement
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0503ReqContainerSize>
Done: <http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0506ReqConstraints>
We discussed FS comments of the Notes. YS to update the text to reflect a mention to Schematron for the document instance level.


1.7. FS to work on paper draft for 'Extreme Markup'.
FS posted a first draft here: <http://www.w3.org/International/2005/05/EML2005sasa0411.html>
We discussed parts of its content. This is a discussion that will be helpful for the solution parts of ITS. All to post any feedback
to the public list. To put as a discussion item for next teleconference.


1.8. YS to work on "Indicator of Translatability"
Done: <http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505Translatability>
Example was re-worded. AZ noted that we may need a note on the "Localization Directives". YS note: I think Andrzej meant to say
"Localization properties" as defined in the Out-Of-Scope section <http://www.w3.org/2004/11/i18n-recharter/its-charter#outofscope>.
YS to implement the additional note.


1.9. AZ to work on "Requirements for Word Count" (Metrics)
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505WordCount>
YS noted that changing the file name is not possible, we would have to create a new page. Since it's just a draft we can simply
change the title in both the page and the main index. AZ to change the title in the page, YS to change it in the main Index.



=== DISCUSSION ON THE REQUIREMENTS:

- We discussed the "Limited Impact of the Tag Set"
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505LimitImpact>
FS noted that some possible solutions for this are discussed in his paper (section 4.2 "4.2 Modularization of schemas during
validation") through for example, NRL or NVDL.
FS to propose a paragraph on this in the requirement page.


- We discussed "Attribute and Translatable Text"
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505ReqAttrAndTrans>
YS to update the first bullet to take CL comments in account.
AZ noted that we will always have translatable attribute, no matter what. FS pointed to an example in XUL (described by CL) where
only part of the attribute value is translatable.
AZ noted that we may also need here to mention the "localization Properties". Talking about these localization properties: OASIS CAM
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=cam> could be a good starting point.

- We discussed "Naming Scheme"
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505ReqNamingScheme>
FS noted that the basic problem was that such documents didn't easily allow to get a list of all possible element names. YS to try
re-word the text to expression this better.



=== OTHER BUSINESS:

- Discussion about the next face-to-face meeting.
Since a few of us would have a preference for Possibility 2 and none (so far) is opposed to this date, it is now our preferred date.
Final decision is to be taken next Wednesday.
It seems that the next face-to-face meeting will be
>From Mon-Sep-19 to Wed-Sep-21 (3 days), in Sophia/Antipolis's ERCIM office (near Nice, France).


- Next teleconference is Wednesday Jun-22, 14:00 UTC, same channel.



=== ACTION ITEMS FOR NEXT TELECONFERENCE:

01. RI to ask to the appropriate W3C contact how to handle feedback from non-WG-members.

02. RI to contact person for Atom.

03. YS to move the "Usage Scenario: Content Authoring" item to Working Draft state.
Done: <http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0504ReqTechWriter>

04. MI to clean up the comments as much as possible in "Cultural Aspects of the Content".
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0504ReqCulturalAspects>

05. YS to to update the text to reflect a mention to Schematron for the document instance level.
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0503ReqContainerSize>

06. All to post any feedback on FS draft paper <http://www.w3.org/International/2005/05/EML2005sasa0411.html> to the public list.
This will be a discussion item for next teleconference.

07. YS to implement the additional note on "Indicator of Translatability"
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505Translatability>

08. AZ to change the title on "Requirements for Word Count" to reflect the changes to 'Metrics'.
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0505WordCount>

09. YS to update the main index page to reflect change it in the main Index for the "Requirements for Word Count" re-titling.


Cheers,
-yves
Received on Wednesday, 15 June 2005 15:58:56 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:45 GMT