[ESW Wiki] Update of "its0503ReqContainerSize" by ChristianLieske

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:40:01 -0000
To: w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ChristianLieske:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0503ReqContainerSize

  Author: Yves Savourel

  = Indicator of Container Size =
+
+ '''[CL] Following the ideas laid out in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its/2005JanMar/0043.html, and looking at Martin's remark that we may have to tackle many constraints/addiitional information, I suggest to rename the requirement to sth. like "Encoding of Constraints".'''
+
+
+ '''[CL] For each constraint, it should be possible to encode at least: the constraint itself, and the "motivator/setter" for the constraint. What I mean "motivator/setter" is the following: a certain constraint (e.g. container size) may only hold for a certain tool wihtin the overall processing chain. Thus, the important thing about the constraint is to ensure that the constraint holds when data is passed to that particular tool. Accordingly, a specific tool "sets" the constraint. When data is passed between other tools of the processing chain, the constraint may not be relevant.'''