[ESW Wiki] Update of "its0503ReqCDATA" by ChristianLieske

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:00:28 -0000
To: w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ChristianLieske:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0503ReqCDATA

  in the XML ITS from being used to mark up the localisable components of
  that section of text.

+ '''[CL] Norman Walsh's [http://norman.walsh.name/2003/09/16/escmarkup] contains pointers to much of the discussion around escaping and CDATA sections. It would be great if we could get him to have a look at the requirement.'''

  == Background ==

@@ -48, +49 @@

  but very clear from the Infoset spec, see
  [http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-infoset-20040204/#infoitem.character].'''

+ '''[CL] I see a relationship with XLIFF: XLIFF allows you for example to extract/convert sth. like Java properties into XML (namely XLIFF). What you can do in order to avoid CDATA sections is the following: Use the XLIFF representation of your original format. The beauty of this is that XLIFF is on the list of localization tools vendors anyhow.'''
+