Re: XLIFF Mapping - status

Hi Yves, all,

Am 30.08.13 13:54, schrieb Yves Savourel:
> Hi Felix, all,
>
> Thanks for the feedback

>> <ph>, etc. ": what would guide the choice between "g", "bpt", ...?
> That's an XLIFF choice un-related to ITS: XLIFF offers two ways to encode inline codes: enclosing the original code (with <bpt>,
>

>> - general: in some place one may want to remind readers of
>> the HTML <> XML conversion its-annotators-ref <> its:annotatorsRef
> Not sure about that one.
> We don't use its-annotators-ref in XLIFF, so is there a reason why we would refer to it (other than in an example where the original
> document is in HTML)?
> And then why make a special mention of its-annotators-ref vs its:annotatorsRef but not the other mappings between the HTML and the
> XML notations (like its-ta-class-ref vs its:taClassRef in the same example).
> I'm probably missing something.
>

>> - external resource ref still has a "todo". I tried to
>> add one and run into an issue: what if one element like "video"
>> has two external resouces (poster and src attributes):
>> generate two trans-units?
> Sorry I missed that TODO.
>
> Good point for the use case of multiple resources on the same element.
> I suppose two text-unit element when the element where the two external resources are would be ok.
>
> Although not exactly sure what I would do with a itsx:externalResourceRef on a text-unit.

Understand. The question is probably: indepdent of ITS2: how would you
represent references to external resources in XLIFF? The answer may not
include a text unit - I don't know.

> And this won't fly with the same thing in an inline element: one cannot have two itsx:externalResourceRef in a code. Maybe
> itsx:externalResourceRef could be a list of IRI then?
>

>> - "Unresolved issue: ITS Terminology created on an XLIFF document
>> may be using termInfoRef with the reference being on a location
>> not accessible once the document is merged back.": wouldn't this
>> be also an issue e.g. for provenanceRecordsRef?
> Hum... adding provenance info back to the original data may be quite complex.
>
> Actually there are many cases where feeding back data is almost impossible.
> For example any concrete piece of info set with a global rule.

Understand and agree to everything else you and Dave said also with
regards to annotatorsRef. Now, with regards to merging back termInfoRef
and locInfoRef: should we then just saw "it cannot be merged back"?

Best,

Felix