RE: Internationalizing timed video annotations

Hi Tay,

As far as I know, if you cannot resize the text box, then the solutions would goes along the lines of: a) providing some scrolling mechanism if it’s possible), and b) allow for some text expansion when creating the original box. Obviously neither solution may be available in your use case.

The c) option would be to abbreviate to make the text fit, but that is not often a good idea, and in your case that wouldn’t be possible if the text is translated automatically.

Allowing for expansion is a fairly well-known internationalization good practice. Maybe that is something you want to emphasis in your documentation.

Cheers,

-ys

BTW: I’m guessing you already knows this, but just in case: the Google Translate API v1 will be discontinued on Dec-1st, so you’ll have to use the v2 (paid service) API instead, or another API like the one for Microsoft Translator.