Re: ITS as a microformat (proposal)

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 23:11:10 +0200
To: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>
CC: public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org
Felix Sasaki wrote:

> If you have two values depending on each other, yes. But how would you
> validate that a singular span element needs to have a class attribute with
> the value "translateno" to express its:translate="no", without excluding
> other values for span elements?

It depends on how far and how strict you want to be. But I think that in
this case, rule like

<rule context="*[starts-with(@class, 'translate')]">
  <assert test="@class = 'translateyes' or @class =
'translateno'">Translatability of content must be marked by
class="translateyes" or class="translateno".</assert>
</rule>

This example is just simplified, there could be more values in one
class, so @class should be tokenized before testing.