Action item: reviewing POWDER

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:48:17 -0700
To: <public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org>

I had the action item of lloking at POWDER for ITS-related issues.

The document is here: http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-powder-dr-20081114/.

POWDER can have text content as specified here:

The definition for those text containing elements (tag, comment, label, etc.) (http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-powder-dr-20081114/#tag)
does not seem to include any provsion for localization/language-related information. The schema for
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder, does not include those elements, so I'm not sure if it's the proper version.

I would propose to recommend the two things:

A) Suggest to the POWDER WG to add a small appendix where the ITS rules for POWDER would be defined. Looking at the specification it
could be something like this:

Appendix: Localization

Textual content of POWDER documents may be subject to linguistic-related processes, such as translation, spell-checking, etc.

The W3C Internationalization Tag Set provides a way to define what parts of the document has textual content, using a rules
document. A possible ITS rules document for POWDER would indicate that only the of the elements tag, label and comment have textual

<its:rules version="1.0"
 <its:translateRule translate="no" selector="//p:powder"/>
 <its:translateRule translate="yes" selector="//p:tag|//p:label|//p:comment"/>

B) Request more information on how tag, comment and label are defined in the schema, so we can see if ITS attributes would be
allowed or not.

Any other ideas?