Re: Feedback Required on CSS 2.1 & CSS 3.0 Issues in Indian Languages

On 10/07/13 3:08 PM, Andrew Cunningham wrote:

> Sounds very promissing, was playing arojng in JavaScript looking at ways
> of doing it, but had to look at it language by language in Myanmar
> script, since codepoints that are part of a syllable in Burmese would be
> a separate syllable in its own write in S'gaw Karen.

I was wondering if there might be language-specific variation within the
common script rules. Can you give an example of the Burmese vs S'gaw
Karen codepoint to orthographic syllable mapping? If there are such
issues, then they may be concerns for more than just selectors. OpenType
provides for language-specific shaping behaviour, but typically
downstream from syllable identification.

JH