Re: For the Quick tips discussion tomorrow...

Hi all,

And welcome, John!

I won't be available for the discussion - unfortunately this will be true
for most of the next 2 months as I'm traveling constantly and presenting
relentlessly.

However, I've been talking with Richard about the Quick Tips need as well as
other needs for the role I can play for GEO regarding outreach. In fact, I'm
feeling badly that I don't have quicktip cards, or perhaps an
Internationalization "crib" sheet with tips and tricks and URLs for further
references. People LOVE this kind of value-added material at conferences,
and it gets the word out that we have great resources online.

So I really want some feedback as well as encouragement on any ideas you
have for materials that I can take with me to various events. I could have
used this stuff months ago, but as next year is already starting to fill up
with events in the UK, France, Netherlands and all over the U.S., the sooner
we come up with materials, the better outreach I - and anyone else speaking
and traveling - can achieve.

Another avenue of outreach I have is of course the Web Standards Project
(WaSP) http://webstandards.org/.  Short synopses of techniques with links to
W3C materials for details would be wonderful for regular blog posts there,
and my own blog is also widely read. That means a lot of opportunity to get
information out to a much broader public.

The challenge I'm having is getting all that organized, and also because my
practical experience with Internationalization is next to nil. So I really
am relying on folks here that can help provide or point me to easy to grab
resources that will help with outreach.

I look forward to your thoughts!
Molly

Molly E. Holzschlag