FW: Technical Plenary and Group Meeting Event, Boston, Feb/March 2005: I18N GEO WG: Agenda items

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:01:16 -0000
To: "GEO" <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>

From: member-i18n-geo-request@w3.org [mailto:member-i18n-geo-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Deborah Cawkwell
Sent: 19 January 2005 17:59
To: member-i18n-geo@w3.org
Subject: RE: Technical Plenary and Group Meeting Event, Boston, Feb/March 2005: I18N GEO WG: Agenda items

Some thoughts:

Technical Plenary 2005 - I18N GEO WG F2F - possible agenda items
- identify user scenarios for GEO site including different levels, cf Susan's getting started
- review of previous charter, what went well, what could have been done better
- set out road map of work for the new charter
- re outreach, identify web developer resources across the web inc in languages other than English, include such a list of resources on the site??
- review of where the industry is at regarding I18N, localisation
- consider future use of language attribute, get a strong sense of where it's going, language vs/& locale, etc
- discuss how we could improve the production of FAQs, etc
- clarify GEO liaison with the other I18N WGs & W3C activities
- discuss I18N tick logo, cf CSS, HTML
- discuss best practice with web where it's at now vs best practice for the future - should we clearly indicate in our material what's pragmatic now vs how we'd like it to be