Re: FW: New article for REVIEW: Upgrading from language-specific legacy encoding to Unicode encoding

At 20:43 05/08/25, Richard Ishida wrote:

 >Hi Deborah,
 >
 >Please take note of all the comments made in this thread and prepare some
 >proposal for what we should accept and how we should deal with it.
 >
 >Cheers,
 >RI
 >
 >PS: I suspect we should have a section called "Script-specific issues"
 >where we give examples of the type of thing that may need to be considered.
 > Handling Hebrew pages in visual order is clearly one of those examples.

Yes, and judging from the discussion on www-international, that section
shouldn't go into too many details, just mention the cases where things
might get tricky. Further info could then go into other faqs/articles/...

Regards,   Martin.