[ESW Wiki] Update of "geoUnicodeConsiderationsWhenUpgrading"

From: <w3t-archive+esw-wiki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:37:47 -0000
To: ishida@w3.org, andrewc@vicnet.net.au, ishida@w3.org, public-i18n-geo@w3.org
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "ESW Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by Deborah Cawkwell:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/geoUnicodeConsiderationsWhenUpgrading

The comment on the change is:
Change in title/scope.

- '''Question: What should I consider when upgrading to Unicode?'''
+ '''Question: What should I consider when upgrading my web pages from legacy encoding to Unicode encoding?'''

  [telcon 23 mar] Scope not clear, change question to "you've taken the decision to upgrade to Unicode, what issues do I need to address?"

  [DC 30 mar] Hum, this changes the direction of the FAQ... I don't think the decision can be taken until these issues have been considered. So whilst I'm happy to change the direction, it seems to make it a little circular. What about "Upgrading to Unicode seems like a good idea, what issues do I need to consider?"?

+ [DC 6 apr] I don't think you can make the decision until you've considered the issues. Changed title now, but open to any other suggestions / thoughts.

  == Background ==