RE: New test for review: Bidi misc

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:49:06 +0100
To: "'Martin Duerst'" <duerst@w3.org>, "'Simon Montagu'" <smontagu@smontagu.org>
Cc: "'GEO'" <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>, <www-international@w3.org>

Given some other mail I received, I think it might be good to use words as

French Arabic Hebrew German

This should not affect the expected ordering of directional runs, but having
two RTL directional runs side by side improves the test - see the results
for Firefox at

> - Wording nit: "Check the window title bar contains" ->
>    "Check that the window title bar contains"

> - "The html element contains dir="rtl"." -> "The html element of
>    this page...".

> - "Mouse over the graphic below": I think there are other ways
>    than just 'mousing' to activate a 'tool tip'. Also, I think that
>    'tool tip' is a Windows-specific term, and different browsers may
>    have different ways to show the alt or title attribute on an image.
>    (do we know which one is shown? do we know whether there are
>     differences between the two?)

This test is specifically for tooltip rendering, so I'm content to produce a
tooltip by any means. Note that if you display attribute text using CSS
:before, say, it will be rendered appropriately because it is rendered with
the rest of the text.

> - It seems inconsistent that <title> has its own dir='rtl', but
>    the image with the alt/title attributes doesn't.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I forgot to remove it after some
experimentation. Now gone.