Re: Translation of i18n resources

> It would be good to coordinate this closely with the other translation
> related materials, specifically
>
>   * http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#Volunteer
>   * http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ.html#translate
>
> I recently discussed the latter with Janet Daly and it turned out that
> the IPR FAQ is rather confusing (see the "W3C specs reformatted" thread
> on site-comments and www-archive). Here specifically I worry that both
> of the above resources require to get explicit permission from W3C to
> start a translation. If that is different here it should be reflected
> in the other resources to avoid misinterpretation.

We are indeed aware of these discussions and I'm in the process of
establishing a uniform rule for specific type of non-TR documents
(e.g. tutorials) so that translating those documents is as easy as
translating TRs (not technically, but process-wise).  Hopefully
the IPR FAQ would be modified to make such translations easier
in the near future.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org