Re: a possible topic for my next FAQ?

That's an interesting question. I wonder how often it comes up. If you have
some examples, that would be good. It might also be interesting to identify
languages supported by Unicode that are not represented by the ISO lists
(perhaps separate from the Faq).

Just for my info, do you have a few examples in mind?

I had a related funny moment during my locales talk at the conference last
week.
I had updated my presentation the day before, and during one of the opening
slides I blurted out
"Oh, this is the wrong version of my presentation. The reference to Klingon
should say Romulan.".

The crowd thought that I was being a smartass and laughed.

I explained that actually my example of a language that wasn't supported by ISO
and the registry used to be Klingon. However, klingon has been registered as
i-klingon, so I changed the example in the slide to x-romulan.

So I wasn't intentionally being funny, but really did have a mistake of using
klingon instead of romulan in the slide!

How's that for a humorous and perhaps first ever intergalactization Bug! ;-)

tex

Andrew Cunningham wrote:

> HI everyone, as requested, I'm posting the question i was considering
> doing for my next FAQ.
>
> I was thinking of doing a FAQ on
>
> "My language does not have a specific ISO-639-1 or ISO-639-2 langauge
> code, what language code should I use?"
>
> would this be a suitable topic?
>
> Andrew

Making e-Business Work Around the World