W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-geo@w3.org > June 2003

MINUTES: I18n GEO teleconference 030618

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:02:38 +0100
To: <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000001c33b33$3373bde0$6401a8c0@w3c40upc3ma3j2>


W3C I18n GEO Phone Conference
18 Jun 2003

Present: Richard (chair, scribe), Lloyd, Phil, Tex, Russ, Martin

Regrets/Absent: Steve, Andrew, Suzanne, Peter, Barry, Leslie, John

New Actions

ACTION: RI, ask for Q&A volunteers on the list

Prior Action Items

ACTION: AC, write up some text about byte order marks that could be used
to develop section 2.2

ACTION: all, send in pointers to web sites or programs that can be used
to inspect http headers of web pages

ACTION: Phil, write the Q&A for review on 11 June.

ACTION: Lloyd, write up some code samples relating to date formats and
link to them from the Q&A page at a later date

ACTION: RI, set up Phil and Suzanne as Invited Experts

ACTION: AC to create a list of possibilities for 'non-displayable'

All: send in pointers to existing guidelines 


Everyone is in favour of holding a face-to-face mtg in conjunction with
the Unicode conference in Atlanta Georgia.  General preference for after
the conference, ie Saturday 6th Sept.

Info share
IWIPS conference coming up soon in Berlin

Microsoft has released AppLocale - for XP and server - previously you
had to reboot to set the system locale for an application - now you can
run apps under different code pages at the same time without reboot -
good for legacy related work - get it from


User agent applicability information added

WAI moving forward on new structure and look and feel for HTML WGAG
techniques - all based on GEO dtd and xslt - hopefully this will lead to
resource sharing in the future

Documentation updated:

Q&A Review

Richard's Q&A
Agreed to publish this evening.
Various edits proposed.

Martin's Q&A
Discussion and proposed edits.

Upcoming assignments
		Send to group (latest)		Agree to publish
Martin: 		DONE				 25 June
Richard:	DONE				2 July
Tex/Phil:	30 Jun				9 July
Lloyd:		7 Jul				16 July

Next meeting:
Same time, same bridge, next week.

Richard Ishida

tel: +44 1753 480 292
Received on Wednesday, 25 June 2003 12:03:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:28:00 UTC