W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-geo@w3.org > June 2003

AGENDA: I18N GEO TF telcon, 2003-06-25 at 19:00 UTC, 12noon Pacific, 3pm Eastern, 20:00 UK, 5am Australia (next day!)

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:45:54 +0100
To: <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000101c33b39$3ede3330$6401a8c0@w3c40upc3ma3j2>

AGENDA
I18N GEO TF teleconference


Please feel free to suggest additional items for the agenda.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day     : Wednesday
Date    : 25 June 2003
Start    : 19:00 UTC, 20:00 UK, 12noon Pacific, 3pm Eastern, 5am
Australia (next day!)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bridge   : +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim) 
	with conference code 4186 (spells "I18N")
Duration : 60-90 minutes
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------


*** indicates a topic that will receive particular attention this week




Draft agenda
============

Review of agenda

Review of actions (see below)

Review of dependencies (see below)

Meetings:
****	FTF in Georgia - further thoughts?

New members
	-

Info Share
****	 [Here you can contribute news or informative titbits about
events, developments, etc that affect our work.  It is information share
only - if processing is needed we should add an agenda item - although
of course clarification questions are allowed.]


Update on framework activity
	-


Content Review
****	Last chance review of Martin's Q&A contribution: aiming for
immediate publication 
	
http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-headers-charset.html

****	Review Tex/Phil's contribution: one week to go
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jun/0049.html
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jun/0050.html
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jun/0054.html


****	(time permitting) Review of Andrew's submission about fonts
	can we turn this into a Q&A?
	
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-geo/2003Jun/0037.html

****	next few Q&A assignments !



Education & Outreach
-	Progress on article by Phil and co.


Content discussion



AOB





================================================
Details:


CONTENT OWNERS
================

Steve
	Anything in section 3 (character sets, encoding, entities)
[first priority]
    	Anything in section 10 (Objects)

Martin
	character sets & encodings in forms

Lloyd
	Forms

Richard 
	Bidi

Russ
	automatic layout

Andrew
	i was thinking of jotting down some notes on the following
areas, and 
	then seeing what i could add to other sections.
	3 Character sets, character encodings and entities
	4 Specifying the language of content
	5 Text direction
	6.4 Ruby
	7 Lists
	8 Tables
	     8.1 Mirroring tables in bidirectional text
	15 Writing source text

John
	Navigation




ACTIONS (ongoing and new)
=======

ACTION: RI, ask for Q&A volunteers on the list

ACTION: AC, write up some text about byte order marks that could be used
to develop section 2.2

ACTION: all, send in pointers to web sites or programs that can be used
to inspect http headers of web pages

ACTION: Phil, write the Q&A for review on 11 June.

ACTION: Lloyd, write up some code samples relating to date formats and
link to them from the Q&A page at a later date

ACTION: RI, set up Phil and Suzanne as Invited Experts

All: send in pointers to existing guidelines 



DEPENDENCIES
=============

None.



============
Richard Ishida
W3C

tel: +44 1753 480 292
http://www.w3.org/International/ 
http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/
Received on Wednesday, 25 June 2003 12:46:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:12:37 GMT