Update on developments to dtd etc.

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:27:31 +0100
To: <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>

Folks,

I have just implemented a mechanism for expressing which browsers and
browser versions support which techniques.  You can see the result at

http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/outline/html-authoring-out
line.html#ri20030218.131051562 (the first technique here illustrates how
to show that the earliest version we consider for this doc doesn't
support it but later ones to - the info is not actually correct)

http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/html-authoring.html#ri2003
0510.102757952

See also the explanatory text at
http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/outline/html-authoring-out
line.html#toc-anchor

This has necessitated changes to the dtd and xsl files n html-tech and
outline directories.  I've uploaded all the latest versions of
everything.

See also the newly updated dtd documentation at
http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/documentation/documentatio
n-dtd.html

I also implemented a mechanism to capture relevant scripts, but haven't
yet turned that information into something visible.

We may also want to consider a similar approach to indicate what
versions of what standards support the suggested technique (eg. CSS2 or
CSS3, etc).

tel: +44 1753 480 292