Re: Glossary

At the bottom of my guidelines page
http://www.i18nguy.com/guidelines.html
I list a few glossaries:
Sun's, IETF, Unicode, and Microsoft.
Microsoft's glossaries are their translation glossaries no English
definitions.
The others have explanations.

Of them, we would probably find Unicode's most useful and the
definitions most agreeable, although many are lacking and some are
circular. Basic Multilingual Plane points you to BMP and BMP goes back
to the former. You have to look at some other terms beginning with BMP
to find the meaning.

The nice thing about Unicode is there are URL's to each individual
definition so you can link directly there.

Creating a good glossary is a great deal of work. I wouldn't mind
housing and managing a glossary page, but pulling such a beast together
is not a one man job...

tex

Richard Ishida wrote:

> During the meeting we said it would be a good idea to start collecting
> terms for a glossary, and I think I might have said that I'd pull an
> initial document together.
>
> I hope I wasn't too hasty, and I just wanted to offer someone else the
> opportunity to do that if they were keen.
>
> Cheers,
> RI

> Richard Ishida
> W3C