RE: Q&A - Which languages are written right-to-left (RTL)?

From: Arko, Phil <phil.arko@scr.siemens.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:13:54 -0400
To: "'Tex Texin'" <tex@i18nguy.com>, "'public-i18n-geo@w3.org'" <public-i18n-geo@w3.org>, nelocsig@yahoogroups.com

This will be a very useful resource with the addition of all the popular
left-to-right languages and their formats. I wonder if the right-to-left
specific title could be changed to more accurately describe this resource?
Or should this be a separate resource area to which this Q&A can link?

Notably missing are Austria, Belgium, and Switzerland, all of which are
important locales for websites so I would think they would meet the criteria
for "commonly requested languages." The latter two countries have multiple
official languages, which I think is always an important point to stress.

Phil