Re: IRIs - proposed resolution

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 12:52:50PM -0700, Karen Coyle wrote:
> Couldn't it just say "Unicode" without saying 'non-latin scripts'?
> The thing is that there is Latin-1, Latin-2 that are beyond the
> original ascii. I assume that the IRI's also include the Unicode
> incorporation of the original ascii characters.

Right - that's what I meant by "non-Latin" being a simplification.
If we expect people will know what Unicode is without some sort of
reference to language scripts, then I agree we can drop "non-Latin
scripts" - see [1].

Tom

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Scope&diff=6372&oldid=6368

--