New rewrites of various language declaration articles [PLEASE REVIEW]

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 19:49:57 +0100
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Over the weekend I took a stab at rewriting the rather stale information
we had in our language declaration tutorial and updated it to reflect
the latest HTML5 thinking. Something I'd wanted to do for a while.

This is a similar exercise to the one I did on the character encoding
tutorials and related articles.  It breaks out the real information into
shorter articles and makes the tutorial a set of pointers - to increase
usability and avoid repetition of material.  I also converted the markup
to be html5 polyglot format. (There are few other template innovations.)

I basically rewrote all of the following articles (note that the
interdependent links don't work because this is in a temporary location!)

Working with language in HTML
(replaces http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/language-decl/)

Why use the language attribute?
(replaces http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-lang-why)

Declaring language in HTML
(brand new)

HTTP and meta for language information
(replaces http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-http-and-lang)

Please take a look and send comments to this list. I'd like to send out
for wide review and get these published in August.

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Activity Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

Register for the W3C MultilingualWeb Workshop!
Limerick, 21-22 September 2011