I18N-ISSUE-105: Compatibility caseless matching [HTML5-prep]

From: Internationalization Core Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:57:39 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org

I18N-ISSUE-105: Compatibility caseless matching [HTML5-prep]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: HTML5-prep

2.3 Case-sensitivity and string comparison

Comparing two strings in a compatibility caseless manner means using the Unicode compatibility caseless match operation to compare the two strings.

a. The specific reference to compatibility caseless matching should be provided (D146 in chapter 3).
b. I am unsure that compatibility caseless matching is desirable. It is only used twice in the whole document that I can find: