I18N-ISSUE-104: What additional requirement on character encodings? [HTML5-prep]

From: Internationalization Core Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:55:57 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org

I18N-ISSUE-104: What additional requirement on character encodings? [HTML5-prep]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: HTML5-prep

2.2.2 Dependencies
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/infrastructure.html#dependencies

Contains this note:

--
This specification might have certain additional requirements on character encodings, image formats, audio formats, and video formats in the respective sections.
--

This note is not clear. I'm not sure what an "additional requirement on character encodings" would be? Does it mean that certain character encodings will be required/banned?