I18N-ISSUE-83: Note about why Gregorian only used [HTML5-prep]

From: Internationalization Core Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:24:20 +0000
To: public-i18n-core@w3.org

I18N-ISSUE-83: Note about why Gregorian only used [HTML5-prep]

Raised by: Richard Ishida
On product: HTML5-prep

2.5.5 Dates and times
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/common-microsyntaxes.html#dates-and-times

The section describes date values using strictly the Gregorian calendar. As long as the values are strictly internal (as a means of representing incremental or floating time values, cf. our note Working With Time Zones), this doesn't represent a barrier to the use of other calendric systems. Please include a note indicating this so that international users understand why Gregorian is used here.