Normalization recommendations wiki page...

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:38:35 -0700
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
All,

I have started building a normalization page in our wiki here:

   http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/CharmodNormSummary

For starters, I pasted, verbatim, the normative text from CharMod-Norm (http://www.w3.org/TR/charmod-norm) into the document. Below that I started a section called "Draft Recommendations" into which I began to boil and sift the various things we'd need to say normatively if we were to revise Charmod-Norm.

Obviously, the recommendations are very rough. Changing to non-normalization of content leads to requirements that I'm not sure this WG intends--there is a tendency to need to forbid normalization ever occur.

Anyway, it is something to start from.

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect (Lab126)
Chair (W3C I18N WG)